Health & Safety Policy
Artisan Drinks is a fully remote working company, therefore the purpose of this Health and Safety Policy is to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all employees who work from home or engage in remote work arrangements in the United Kingdom on behalf of Artisan Drinks Limited. This policy outlines the responsibilities of both the company and the employees to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
This policy applies to all employees of Artisan Drinks Limited.
General Guidelines for Home Working
3.1. Workstation Set-up: Employees are responsible for setting up their home workstation in accordance with ergonomic guidelines provided by the company. Employees must ensure that the workstation is safe, comfortable, and free from potential hazards.
3.3. Use of Company Equipment: Employees should use company-provided equipment for home working, and it must be properly maintained and kept in good working condition.
3.4. Workspace Safety: Employees must keep their work areas tidy, well-lit, and free from trip hazards to reduce the risk of accidents.
3.5. Work-Life Balance: Employees should maintain a clear distinction between work and personal life and should take regular breaks as prescribed by applicable employment laws and regulations.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
4.1. Employer Responsibilities
- Provide adequate information, Instruction, training and supervision on health and safety matters.
- Ensuring that employees are aware of this policy and its requirements.
- Conduct risk assessments (to cover both physical and mental risks) at the start of the employment or contract and when there has been a significant change to the home and review at least annually where there is no change. This includes a display screen equipment (DSE) assessment.
- Supporting employees in addressing health and safety concerns related to home working.
- Take appropriate steps to remove risks around the home wherever possible.
- Regularly reviewing and updating this policy as required.
4.2. Employee Responsibilities
- Setting up their home workstation according to guidelines provided in assessments.
- Immediately reporting any health, safety, or wellbeing concerns to their manager.
- Attending/completing health and safety training provided by the company.
- Coordinating with the company for DSE assessments.
- Utilise the company EAP/Health Shield programme if required.
Employees must report any work-related incidents, accidents, or near-misses that occur while working from home. The incidents should be reported to their manager and the HR department promptly.
This Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed annually or whenever there are significant changes in work arrangements or relevant health and safety legislation.By following this Health and Safety Policy, we aim to promote a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, regardless of their location.